Search This Blog

Saturday 23 December 2017


Christmas is almost here, and there are lots and lots of lovely images like this one, online, and it really does put one in a nice christmassy mood. Next year, I've promised myself that I will actually do something like this with my calligraphy nibs and inks and paints. Next year. Now, they're all snugly wrapped up for the big move!

Note to self: Stuff I need to tell my doctor, when I see him:

First: Every day, around 12 to 2 pm, I feel my feet begin to feel tight with edema. My left foot more than my right. Before this, they'd feel kinda biggish in the evening, after dinner. Around 7.30/8-ish. Now, it's moved up. Since it's after lunch, all I need do is sit with my feet raised, and it sorta eases. But, when evening comes around, they're 'tight' again. That's the best word I can find to describe how they feel: Tight. Because they seem to be pumped up with water, and the skin feels tight. I imagine that my toes look like big, fat, cocktail sausages, but they don't, actually. It just feels that way. If I press a finger into the flesh of my foot, it leaves a depression that takes a bit to spring back. That's edema, I'm told. Nice.

I am already on a diuretic, and I worry that it's dosage will be increased, OR that I will be put on another one, as well. I was on spironolactone before, but my potassium levels rose, so I had to go off it.

Second: After every meal, I feel nauseous. Isn't that just wonderful?! Hahahah. At first, I felt I must be eating too much, so I eased back on the quantity of food at a meal. No change. Nausea. Today, after my coffee, I feel nauseous. Omg, seriously?! All I have for breakfast is a cup of coffee: Instant, some milk, and that's it. And I'm nauseous?!

Honestly, I sometimes feel that my stomach would be most pleased to be just left alone, with nothing in it. But, I do get hungry, and when water isn't enough to quell the growl, I have to look for food. A little slice of fruit doesn't seem to upset it, but not a full meal. Sigh.

Well, it is going down in a note-to-doctor, and I will try not to think about it until I see him.

It will be a quiet Christmas, this year. Just Chuan and me, here in PD. So, it will be just another day in the week!

And soon, we'll be outta here 😁 (that emoji is described as: Grinning face with smiling eyes. EXACTLY how I feel about moving back to KL)

No comments: