Search This Blog

Friday 3 August 2018

exercise and PH

Taken for an article:

PH Patients Seen to Have Little Daily Exercise, Leading to Lower Odds of Survival, Study Finds


Some excerpts:

"International guidelines recommend that all adults should have at least two hours and 30 minutes a week of moderate exercise, or at least 75 minutes per week of vigorous exercise, to achieve optimal health."

      *****************************************

I walk for at least 30 minutes every day. Most days, it's 40 or even 50 minutes, if I'm feeling good, and I'm enjoying my music. Hahahaha. 

If I'm having a not-so-good day, I walk slowly. Otherwise, I walk as briskly as I can, but not manic lah. If I'm having an off day, I won't walk at all. 

My Fitbit monitors my heart, and usually I hit my peak heartrate.

If we go out, I don't wear the Fitbit, and just walk. The stupid thing only registers steps if I swing my hand!!! So, I could be out walking for 2 hours, and I won't even make my 3,500 steps, and that messes with my mind.

The 6-minute walk is how they asses how well we're doing. And how I much I walk and how I feel helps me monitor myself.

No comments: