Search This Blog

Monday 25 September 2017

a little harder to breathe

That's how it is today, and I am sad about that. Because I've been having good days, and thought that I've been doing really well. And then, Pooooof! It's over.

Over the past few days, the headaches have been a little more pronounced than they usually are. I have headaches all the time, it seems. But, they come and they go. If I don't think about them, I imagine that they've gone. Hahahah. It's all in my mind, I say!

However, over the past few days, I've been very conscious of them lurking about. Even when I try to think them away, it hasn't worked.

Then, this morning, while I was walking in circles, I felt this scratchy feeling in my chest. It isn't as serious as gasping for breath, but it is there, and I feel something in my chest when I breathe.

So, it ain't too easy to do this:


Headaches. Scratchy feeling in my chest. Result? Tiredness. So, even though I managed to complete about thirty minutes of my walking-in-circles routine, this morning, I felt really tired afterwards. Obviously, there isn't as much oxygen reaching my lungs as there should be, and so my body says: rest.

And I've been doing so well!!! Misery. I know this will set me back, and that irritates me. It took me a while, but I upped my time from twenty to thirty minutes over the last few days. Continuous walking, and doing well.

Now, I'm wondering if I pushed myself too hard. Hmmm.... But, it's a joke surely? I walk fairly slowly, and don't feel breathless or tired after my walks, so I think I'm doing fine. How can I not be?!

Geez, maybe my body doesn't agree. Maybe my lungs think I'm a freaking nutcase! 'Leave me alone, already,' it may be screaming. Ya' think?! Sigh.

Anyway, do not imagine me prostrate, and daintily sipping something, on the sofa. Well, resting in a horizontal position, maybe. Hahahah.

I am tired, so the resting come naturally. Always, this so-tired business is a tad demoralising.

BUT ... I will take my Spiriva, like a good girl, and after a few days, this will clear. Fingers crossed.


And, OH! I almost forgot - Time for a weather report: It has been hot and dry over the past two days. And Chuan says he smelt smoke in the air, this morning. Nothing like a bright and sunny day, with the air clean and pure, for my neighbours to decide: Lets BURN dem leaves and things! Nice lah, these people. Bloody pyromaniacs!!!

Ah well, c'est la vie! Tomorrow is a new day, and it may be better 😊




26 September:

So today, I walked in circles, as usual. For 20 minutes, and it was cool. I rested for a bit, and then, thought I'd do another 10 minutes or so. Not a good idea 😑

The scratchy chest returned, and a bit of a headache made its presence felt.

So: The lesson is learnt. I can walk for 20 minutes continually, and I'm good. If I want to up that, I'll need to do it in small-small increments. So small that my body - read: Lungs - do not notice. I've gotta fool those twins that I'm not doing more than they think I should! I've got this!

In the meantime, to help me get back to normal: