Search This Blog

Monday 18 September 2017

walking in circles

Yes, that's what I try to do, every day. I started out with just walking for 10 minutes - and that was tough!! But, I persevered and moved it up to 15, and then 20 minutes. For the past few days, I've been doing 30 minutes.

My goal for each day is 3,500 steps. That's wayyyyy below what is recommended: 10,000 steps. My daughter does 12,000 easily. But, she is young and healthy. Lucky girl!

For me, anything over that goal I've set myself makes my heart sing. No matter how I feel, I try to at least achieve 3,500 steps. On some days, it may involve just one-hundred steps at a time. And when I hit it, my Fitbit will vibrate on my list, and I am happy. Tomorrow, I'll do better. Baby steps. Literally, eh?! 😁

While I'm walking, I keep an eye on my heart-rate, and I'm aware of how I'm breathing. No breathlessness allowed, so I consciously note my breaths and that they're coming easy, and that I feel good.

This is continuous walking that I'm talking about. I try to get it in before lunch, sometime. And then, if I'm feeling up to it, I'll try to squeeze in about 5 to 10 minutes or so, in the evening. Not power walking or anything. Just happily walking along, on the flat floors of my home - no stairs! And sometimes, belting out some song that I'm listening to on YouTube. Walking AND singing, how cool is that?!

And I do this in my Birkenstocks - nice and comfy, with my soles well cushioned, so that the rest of me isn't injured either.


Today, I walked for half-an-hour. And I did the same yesterday. It's a big deal for me, and I say: Yay!!! Hahahah

This is my Fitbit record for this week. It's almost 1 pm, and I've quite a happy number of steps, haven't I?





Below, is my record from last week. Slowly getting there . . . . But there are days when I don't feel very good - so, on those days, I rest. Resting is my superpower, and I do it without an iota of guilt!




And below, is my record from about a month after being put on sildenafil. Before that, there were days when I barely moved at all. So, this is one of the better days recorded, from that time.



Walking is easy, so it's not something I dread, or feel unhappy about having to do. Plus, I know that it's good for me. And, it's good for my heart, and for my lungs.


I don't know if what they say up there is true - but, I really hope it is!! Some of us need all the help we can get 😊