Search This Blog

Monday 2 October 2017

just chilling



Isn't that lovely? One day, I'll do something similar, but don't hold your breath!! 

Nothing much has been happening, but like it says above: I've chosen to be happy about it! Life ambles on, and I've got no complaints.

I've had to wind-down my exuberant attempt at increasing the time I spend at my walking-in-circles, but that's working out. I've now split it up, and do twenty-minutes in the morning, and try to squeeze another 10, in the evening. Also, I try to not rest if I can - so I find something to do, that will keep me busy, and keep my mind off my heart rate, and my breathing, and how tired I am. Distraction rules!!!

Some of the things I do: working at my art - either doodling, or making mandalas, and walking around my watercolour supplies and wondering when the spirit will move me! Also, as we're planning to move by the end of November, I'm packing and sorting the few things that I want to take to the new house.

Something that I have done is print out the lyrics to a song, en Francais! It is called C'est ma chanson, and it is Petula Clark's This is my song from 1967, when I was 11 years old!! The words are simple enough, and I can understand the French lyrics. But, actually stringing them all together to the melody is quite a feat!! So, every evening, I twist my tongue into knots while I practise putting the words to the melody. When I am convinced that I don't sound like a clown, I'll make a little recording of it. However, not only will my tongue need to comply, but also my voice - on not-so-good days, it refuses to make an appearance!

Always, I find some time to sit and read. It is my best therapy, and I can't imagine a life without books!