Search This Blog

Sunday 20 August 2017

the scales don't lie


I hope they don't, anyway! Hahahaha.


Weighed myself, and I now weigh 58.9 kg. That's 129.6 lbs. That's 14.5 kg/32.6 lbs down from the 73.7 kg/162.1 lbs I weighed on 28 July 2016.


Finally, something to be happy about!

I've got a little more to lose, but I know it will happen if I stay focused on eating healthy; eating only when I'm hungry; and eating only the things I enjoy, that do not not lead to weight gain. 


I cannot say that this has been a difficult year for me, where eating is concerned. I have eaten well, enjoyed my food, and never once felt like I was being deprived and give me that cake already!!! There is sometimes that temptation to eat delicious rubbish, but the thought of fighting bloating, or putting on weight, has kept me relatively good. When I have strayed, it's been with yummy chocolate, some cake or biscuits, or something really scrumptious.

I think that it worked this time - this needing to lose weight, and actually doing it - because my brain believed that I really needed to do it. That I didn't have any other option. Less weight means less work for my poor heart. It's already working overtime, so it made sense to bring down my weight, and give it an easier time. Having wrapped my mind around this concept has helped me stay on track.

And here I am! Happinessss!

Sometimes 😋